Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"For Everything there is a season"

"For everything there is a season, and a time for everything under heaven:

a time to be born, and a time to die;

a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted;

a time to kill and a time to heal;

a time to breakdown, and a time to build up;

a time to weep and a time to laugh;

a time to mourn and a time to dance..." Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 ESV

This is definitely a special season in the Happ family. Not only is the summer one of the most fruitful times of the year for us relationally with friends and family, but this summer in particular is a special season in our lives.

Madison is growing up so quickly and beautifully, I feel like God is giving me a glimpse of what He intended for us and a relationship with him. With Madison becoming more independent and willful I am also learning about His patience with me as I make choices and find my way through life. Madison has been using "no" to benefit herself and her wants, and trying to teach obedience and selflessness is a humbling experience. As Brian and I teach our daughter "yes mommy" and "yes daddy," I hear God's still small voice whispering "Yes Father." What a blessing that God is patient enough to teach me things in the gentleness of a little girl. It seems he intends to give me a double dose of it too.

The word is slowly getting out that we are expecting a little GIRL in October. Our due date has been moved up 2 weeks and we are now expecting sometime around the 12th. This means a hot day to deliver, but two more weeks of maternity leave. We still do not have a name so until we do, or decide to share it, our second angel is being adoringly called "sister." Madison recognizes the ultrasound photos as a baby, and knows that there is a baby in mommy's tummy (she also thinks there is one in Grandpa too). She likes to lift my shirt and kiss her sister. We aren't sure how much she understands that "sister" will be sharing mommy and daddy's arms and attention soon, but we are praying for that adjustment now.

We are also in the process of tearing down and rebuilding our backyard. Brian is putting in a beautiful patio with creeping thyme, a lawn, three vegetable beds, and a border of flower beds. being 6 months pregnant, I wait for the opportunity to plant by I cutting weed cloth, playing water girl, and cheering my husband. Madison tries to help both of us.

Reading Ecclesiastes 3 I am reminded that this season is a delightful season of life, growth, and sowing for the future. Because of the hope we have, we also know that loss, hard work, and mourning, are healthy and gifts to us. We are blessed.

Here is a quick peek into the month of June:

CAPERS ACRES



Helping Mommy Bake

Mmmm, Smelling the Roses...All of them!

Daddy's Little Helper

2 comments:

Mrs. Hislop said...

Such a beautiful post with beautiful pictures! You are such a good writer, my dear. Nice thoughts about God's love for us . . . I've never felt it as strongly as I had since Lily's been born. Maddie gets cuter with each day! I love the picture of her with the wheelbarrow!

Christine said...

Madison really is getting big! What a sweet picture of her smelling the roses. I can't beleive how fast time goes by. I'm looking forward to seeing you both sometime soon!