Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maddie's Daddy

Daddy's Day 2009

Mt. Shasta May 2009

An article in the paper, a few weeks ago, talked about how any man can be a father, but it is a special, dedicated, loving man who makes a daddy. The article concluded that Fathers' Day should be more fittingly called Daddies' Day; I couldn't agree more. I now want to celebrate my husband as a daddy. Many people see the soft and loving side of Brian as a daddy and a husband, and he and Madison's bond is undeniably one of the sweetest, strongest, and secure there is (In reply to "Who do we love?" Madison shouts "DADDY!" every time without hesitation). However, it is the firm, patient, and consistent daddy that I have been falling in love with lately. The way Brian disciplines is such a close picture of how our Heavenly Father loves and disciplines us. It is sacrificing, unconditional, selfless, and righteous; motivated by love, not power. What a special man!

Okay on a lighter note, Brian has also been hiking A LOT and has made it his new goal to hike ever peak in California. We started with Feather Falls and then Brian left me in the dust when he decided to hike ( I mean CLIMB) Mt. Shasta on Memorial Day. He and a buddy, Ben, climbed to the very top. I don't have pictures of Brian at the top to prove it because the camera died and the only shots he has are on his cell phone (But I saw them and verified their authenticity j/k). In August he and his brother-in-law, Danny, plan to hike Mt. Whitney!

No comments: